Taito Legends 2 - Respect!

I’m a bit late to the party with Taito Legends 2, but if you haven’t experienced this wacky selection of sometimes bizarre arcade games, including football champ, with a control setup that includes ‘shoot’, ‘pass’ and ‘punch’. Then you’re really missing out! 

I can’t help but gush over Elevator Action Returns, it’s fast, ultra smooth and offers the best elevator experience I’ve ever had. Then there’s the 1995 Space Invaders comeback, Attack of the lunar loonies, where you get a round of applause for completing a stage, before moving into a vertical scrolling shoot-em-up and boss stage, it’s completely bonkers but massively fun and ultimately cute. 

Don Doku Don is a game I can’t even remember, but boy is it fun. It’s nothing to look at, but it’s a really good platformer in the style of Bubble Bobble and Rainbow Islands. Suffice to say, I kept playing because the challenge is fitting nicely within my skill set. Gekirindan is one of my favourite games of the compilation, it’s Taito at its best and one of the reasons why you need to own TL2, the visuals are incredible with a really great intuitive control scheme, the hours will simply melt away playing this gem of a classic Japanese shooter. If that’s not good enough, they’ve thrown in G Darius, this brought back so many memories of the nineties, I can’t even begin to tell you how much I love and have longed to play this game again. 


I just wish they included a better way to save your progress, I love the arcade experience, but not the punishment of having to switch off! That’s the only negative I’ve have about this compilation, well that and wishing they’d included more games.  


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Amstrad CPC 8-bit exclusive games

AMSTRAD CPC - TO SCROLL OR NOT TO SCROLL

Donkey kong Jr - Zx Spectrum