Atari 7800 Prosystem Discovery, Was it Any Good?

This is the first time I’ve ever poked a stick at the Atari 7800. I’ve walked away thinking “what if?”. There are some fantastic arcade conversions and Ninja Golf is as equally bizarre as it’s playable. For a system I knew very little about, this discovery has been a sight for sore eyes. After doing this video I now also noticed that Space Invaders and many other new games are available for the Atari 7800 and I’m now considering a full collection of new and old games. Hope you enjoyed and please do me the honour of subscribing if you want to see more and would like to support this channel. FACT: The Atari 7800 was originally developed in 1984 as the Atari 3600. It was actually designed by a company called General Computer Corporation (GCC). As part of a lawsuit settlement, GCC had been sued for releasing an unlicensed speedup chipset for Atari's arcade version of Missile Command
Backwards compatibility with the Atari 2600 is a huge plus. The reason for the outdated sound was the TIA chip from the 2600 was "ported" to the 7800 for the backwards compatibility but the sound had to go through it for the 2600 sfx so since the sound went through that chip it was old tech. Thanks for your support, leaving a comment, or rating my video! I really appreciate it. Please subscribe and like :)) Thanks.




 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Amstrad CPC 8-bit exclusive games

AMSTRAD CPC - TO SCROLL OR NOT TO SCROLL

Donkey kong Jr - Zx Spectrum